Thursday, July 14, 2005

Petty complaint

I know this is a petty complaint, but have you ever tried to explain the relationship between clinical pastoral education, internship, candidacy, graduating from seminary, ordination and fellowship to someone who doesn't work for the UUA or a congregation?

People who ask when I am going to be done and what I have left to do don't really want an explanation of congregational polity, differences between Unitarian and Universalist history, or the history of ministerial consociations. But it is like peeling an onion, and every layer has its own story.

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Chalicechick said...

I would use a fast food analogy

"Oh, I'm not manager yet. They're just training me to run the shake machine," for example, probably applies well to several categories.

CC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home